JUSTIN MATLEY is a multi award-winning Post Sound / Re-Recording Mixer, Sound Designer, and Music Supervisor who works on a plethora of television, film, radio, podcast, internet, and experiential-based projects for the broadcast, motion picture, and advertising industries. He currently works both at his clients' facilities and in-house at his private studio. A 17-year industry veteran, Justin takes pride in being an excellent problem solver, team player, and creative executor.
Justin also doubles as a Producer and Creative Consultant, running his own production collective, Matley Productions, focused on integrated audio and video projects with a backbone in education and social causes. He is also adjunct faculty at the University of Connecticut, Department of Digital Media and Design, where he teaches coursework in sound technology.
Justin is a has-been musician with 30 years of experience as a classically trained percussionist and chronic noodler on other instruments. He's an avid Red Sox fan, skier, mediocre tequila drinker, and lover of most things outdoors. Above all, his most important roles are as a husband and father to two amazing girls.
PERSONAL OR PROJECT RECOGNITIONS
- Academy Award (Student Domestic Documentary)
- BAFTA Special Jury Prize
- EMMY Award (multiple)
- Cannes Silver Lion
- ANDY Award
- OMMA Award
- ADTech Award
- Telly Award (multiple)
- Winner, Audience Award (Short), Hamptons Int'l Film Festival
- Winner, Audience Award (Feature), Rhode Island Int'l Film Festival
- Best Feature Film, Smoky Mountain Film Festival
- Best U.S. Feature Film, Catalina Film Festival
- Best Feature Film, Hollywood Film Festival
- Best Feature Film, Sunscreen Film Festival
- Best Feature Film, Long Beach Int'l Film Festival
- Best Feature Film, Atlanta Underground Film Festival
- Best Feature Film, Jersey Shore Film Festival
Official selections: Tribeca Intl Film Festival, Vancouver Intl Film Festival, Seattle Intl Film Festival, etc.